Entry into the Sixth Form
Applications from both internal and external students who wish to join the High School Sixth Form for their Post-16 education are welcomed.
Minimum qualifying academic requirements apply equally to internal and external applicants.
There are clear entry requirements, which each student must satisfy, in order to study at the High School Sixth form. These are outlined below. They are designed to help to ensure that students will be able to achieve success in their studies.
Academic entry requirements
These entry requirements are published annually to all applicants.
Students will need to meet all of the following requirements for entry into the High School Sixth Form:
- A minimum of six subjects at A*– B grade or equivalent 7 at GCSE Level.
- Students should have a minimum of Grade 5 in both GCSE English or English Literature and Mathematics.
- In addition, students must achieve the standard required by the individual subjects. Subject specific requirements are listed on each subject profile on the website in the subject choices booklet.
Making an Application
- The School’s Application Form below must be completed and returned to the High School Sixth Form, for the attention of Mrs Morris, by the published deadline of Friday, 10th February 2017;
- Discussions with a senior member of staff will be held at the school during March;
- Provisional offers will be made in April/May;
- Year 12 Induction Day is on Thursday, 29th June 2017;
- Immediately after GCSE results in August, students should contact the school to confirm their grades and indicate that they wish to take up a place in the High School Sixth Form.