A very warm welcome to the High School for Girls' website.
I am delighted that you are interested in the High School for your daughter’s and son’s future education. We are the highest performing girls’ grammar school in Gloucestershire and we welcome boys into the High School Sixth Form. It is a privilege to have been the Head of this prestigious school for the last nine years.
We are often asked what makes our school unique in Gloucestershire. These are the key points:
- Ethos – a shared sense of community, where everyone enjoys being part of this very special place.
- High academic standards and performance at GCSE and A Level – we develop in our students’ curiosity for learning and creativity.
- Focus on a personalised approach to the development of the whole student – individuality.
- Students’ passion for learning.
- Outstanding pastoral care – a nurturing approach.
- Excellent relationships between all members of the school community.
- A rich and varied co-curricular programme including sport, music and drama – developing opportunities for all students.
- Timeless values – we are a grammar school of longstanding but we constantly seek to improve the education offered.
We are an outstanding School as judged by Ofsted in 2006. In 2010 we became a Foundation school and in April 2011 we converted to an Academy. We were awarded Language and Science College status and these are still areas that we excel in.
We take 128 girls into Year 7 who join us from Gloucester City, the county as well as beyond. Currently, we have 50 boys in our Sixth Form but we are expanding our provision for boys at this level.
A website, however, cannot portray what the school is actually like so please come to our Open mornings and evenings or contact us on 01452 543335 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit. I look forward to meeting you.